I’m headed out tomorrow with a couple of friends to the quiet woods of Wisconsin for my idea of camping: facials; whirlpools; meditation room; restaurants; and, a three bedroom loft suite overlooking a lake. [Wisconsin resorts are very affordable in the middle of February.]
Instead of backpacks, hiking shoes, and s’mores ingredients, my packing list includes:
- Beefeaters Gin
- Martini Shaker
- A double-creme Brie, a Malbec infused cheese, a truffled Peccorino
- Water crackers
- Anchovy-Stuffed Olives
- Pepto Bismal
- Fresh blueberry muffins and raw butter
I just pulled the double batch of my Mom’s blueberry muffins out of the oven. I’m taking half with me and leaving half behind for my husband and the kids. Of course, I sampled one. I can’t be bringing bad blueberry muffins with me, now can I?
Moms’ Weekend Blueberry Muffins
This is my mother’s recipe and always comes out light and fluffy. Today I doubled the recipe and actually used all organic ingredients, except for the sugar, salt, and baking powder (is there even such a think as organic baking powder?).
Makes 12 muffins
2 c sifted flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp sugar
1 c milk
1/4 c melted butter
1 c blueberries
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Mix dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Beat egg, milk, and melted butter together with a fork. Add to dry ingredients.
- Add blueberries.
- Stir quickly, just until mixed but still lumpy.
- Fill prepared muffin tin holes 2/3 full.
- Bake 12-18 min. or until done.
- Loosen immediately with knife and tip slightly in pan to prevent steaming.